About

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Re committing my life to God in 2012:

·         Luke 9:57 As they were walking along the road, a man said to him, “I will follow you wherever you go.”
I really want to say like what this man said to Jesus and mean it and live by it even as this year is beginning .I was just wondering what really keeps my feet from following God or being at Gods service
Here is  a number of things I noted
1.      Lack of zeal for Gods things(Lukewarmness)

·         Revelation 2:4-5 Yet I hold this against you: You have forsaken your first love. Remember the height from which you have fallen! Repent and do the things you did at first.
How do I beat this up I have to fill my heart with the things of God that way my love for God will grow  more?
·         Matthew 22:37 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all  your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment
Finding balance in my life and setting the priorities right
·         Matthew 6:33But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
2.      Getting Comfortable
When life is ok and I have the basics that I need as person I easily get comfortable  but this is wrongI am warned not to be comfortable in this world
·         Isaiah 32:9-11You women who are so complacent, rise up and listen to me;you daughters who feel secure,  hear what I have to say! In little more than a year  you who feel secure will tremble;the grape harvest will fail,  and the harvest of fruit will not come.  Tremble, you complacent women; shudder, you daughters who feel secure!Strip off your fine clothes and wrap yourselves in rags.

·         Amos 6:1,4Alas for those who are at ease in Zion,and for those who feel secure on Mount Samaria,the notables of the first of the nations,to whom the house of Israel resorts!  Alas for those who lie on beds of ivory, and lounge on their couches and eat lambs from the flock,and calves from the stall;
·         Rev 3:17 You say, 'I am rich. I have everything I want. I don't need a thing!' And you don't realize that you are wretched and miserable and poor and blind and naked
3.      Drifting away from God

Its easy for my convictions to conform to the ways of the world with time
·         Hebrew2:1We must pay more careful attention, therefore, to what we have heard, so that we do not drift away.

I must daily replenish myself with his word

4.      Lack of fruit
·         Luke 13:6-9Then he told this parable: “A man had a fig tree growing in his vineyard, and he went to look for fruit on it but did not find any. 7 So he said to the man who took care of the vineyard, ‘For three years now I’ve been coming to look for fruit on this fig tree and haven’t found any. Cut it down! Why should it use up the soil?’ Sir,’ the man replied, ‘leave it alone for one more year, and I’ll dig around it and fertilize it. 9 If it bears fruit next year, fine! If not, then cut it down.’”
·         Matthew 21:43"Therefore I tell you that the kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a people who will produce its fruit.
5.      Lack of commitment to the body
It’s very easy for me at times to think do I really need to be in the fellowship can I just worship God from the comfort of my home do I have to do things of the church its just in the light of just wanting to be comfortable and by that alienating myself from the church activities

1Corinthians 12:14-20
Even so the body is not made up of one part but of many.  Now if the foot should say, “Because I am not a hand, I do not belong to the body,” it would not for that reason stop being part of the body. 16 And if the ear should say, “Because I am not an eye, I do not belong to the body,” it would not for that reason stop being part of the body. 17 If the whole body were an eye, where would the sense of hearing be? If the whole body were an ear, where would the sense of smell be? 18 But in fact God has placed the parts in the body, every one of them, just as he wanted them to be. 19 If they were all one part, where would the body be? 20 As it is, there are many parts, but one body.


Questions that I am asking myself each day and making choices based on the questions
                                I.            Can I say that I love God with all my heart with all my mind and with all my spirit?
                              II.            Am I seeking Gods Kingdom First
                            III.            Am I a lukewarm
                            IV.            Do I make excuses
                              V.            Am I becoming more like Christ in my character?

No comments:

Post a Comment